For over 30 years, Angelina Beautiful/Clean (AB/C), a non-profit 501-(c)(3) organization has been true to its mission of educating and empowering East Texans to take responsibility for enhancing their community environment. Each year, Angelina Beautiful/Clean and its proud community members work diligently to maintain, enhance, and preserve our part of Texas.
For every $1 donated to AB/C, we return over $23.00 worth of goods and services back into the community.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
In the past two decades, AB/C has led our communities in providing over $1,000,000 in award monies to fund projects right here at home.
- AB/C – ten time winner of the Keep America Beautiful National First Place Award
- Keep Lufkin Beautiful – ten time winner of the Governors Community Achievement Award
- Keep Diboll Beautiful- three time winner of the Governors Community Achievement Award
- Keep Huntington Beautiful – winner of the Governors Community Achievement Award
- Keep Zavalla Beautiful- two time winner of the Governors Community Achievement Award
- Keep Texas Beautiful Sustained Excellence Award fourteen years in a row
- Winner of the 2000 Keep Texas Beautiful Community Leadership & Coordination Award
- 2000 Texas Community Forestry Award for “Trees 2000”
- Keep America Beautiful 2001 National Award Outstanding Sponsor Support
- Keep America Beautiful 2003 thru 2005 President’s Circle of Excellence Award
- Annually – Educate over 17,000 students in Angelina County
- Pre-K/Kindergarten – (1,281) Interactive Literary Activities
- 1st Grade – (1,327) Litter Prevention Coloring Book
- 2nd Grade – (1,339) Earth Day Grocery Bag Project
- 3rd Grade – (1,299) “Litter Bugs Me” bracelet
- 4th Grade – (1,268) “Edible Compost” – Waste in Place composting project
- 5th Grade – (1,136) Arbor Day Poster Contest
- 6th Grade – (1,199) Texas Recycles Day
- 7th Grade – (1,196) Forest Awareness Tours
- 8th Grade – (1,250) LMS Forest Awareness Tours
- 9th Grade – (1,282) Litter Law Books
- 10th – 12th – (3,344) “Pass the Bag” – Litter Awareness & Prevention
- All projects & activities are correlated with the Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills, School District Curricula and TAKS
- ECO Camp for ages 4 years to 4th grade
- Tree-rrific Children’s Festival at the annual Texas State Forest Festival
- Annual Clean Campus checks at each school campus in Angelina County
- Fall clean-up event – 358 volunteers collected 66,020 lbs (33.05 tons) of garbage and recyclables.
- Don’t Mess with Texas Trash-Off – 454 volunteers participated in the and collected approximately 8,800 lbs (4.4 tons) of trash and debris in Angelina County.
- 1500 Keep America Beautiful Litter Prevention Brochures distributed.
- 1345 Litter Law Brochures Distributed to Drivers Ed Classes.
- Litter Prevention Awareness Week Activities.
- Promote 2 Free Landfill days each year at Angelina County Landfill.
- City of Lufkin and Consolidated Communications with AB/C Phone Book Recycling Event – 5.86 tons of phone books were collected and recycled.
- Sam’s Clube with AB/C Tire Reclamation Day – Collected 2,900 tires and over 100 car batteries.
- Median Landscaping and maintenance with your $1 donation on your water bill
- Welcome to Lufkin Signs
- 1st & Laurel Median
- 69 S and Loop 287 Medians
- Frank & Lufkin Avenue Median
- 1st & Timberland Medians
- Gazebos at Grace Dunn & Kiwanis Parks
- Azaleas at Kiwanis Park along Tulane
- 1st & Timberland
- Lufkin High School Trees 2000 Project
- Tree maintenance on Timberland Drive
- Annual Arbor Day Ceremony at school in Lufkin ISD
- Hosted the 2002 State Arbor Day ceremony at Ellen Trout Park
- Annually – free seedlings given away during Arbor Week sponsored by The Campbell Group
- Hundreds of trees planted in city parks
- Monthly Beautification Awards
- RRR Teacher’s Warehouse – over $500,000 in donations collected since inception (Nov 2002)
- Partnered with the City of Lufkin to begin curbside paper recycling program in Lufkin ISD
- Partner with the City of Lufkin for annual Tire Reclamation Day
- Annually – Recycle more than 1000 Christmas trees
- Annually – Recycle more than 10,000 Christmas Cards
- Annually – Recycle more than 4 tons of old Telephone Directories
- Texas Recycles Day Event
- Litter Prevention Awareness Task Force to combat the increase in litter in Angelina County.
- County Litter Abatement Officer is a member of the AB/C Board of Directors and presents a monthly report at the board meetings.
- Host Environmental Law Enforcement Training
- Television News Stories
- Radio Public Service Announcements
- radio morning shows/interviews
- Newspaper stories
- Chamber Forum inserts distributed monthly
- Trash Talk – Monthly newsletter to educators
- Participate in dozens of community events
- Monthly Editorial in the Lufkin Daily News